BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Empty Womb but not an Empty Heart

Having trouble knowing where to start this time. On Friday night I had suspected that something was wrong with Emmanuel because I hadn't felt him move all day. It had actually been since the morning before that I last felt him move. I was feeling so unsure, sad and grumpy to my kids all day. So I called Labor and Deliver and told them what was going on and they wanted me in right away.
Steve and I made the trip to the hospital only to confirm our suspicion that the baby was no longer alive. He had already gone home with Jesus. So we made the decision to go ahead and deliver him that night because we didn't want to come home first and then worry our kids by leaving again.
So Friday night we started the process and he was delivered by 8:20 am on Saturday, February 12th. Steve and I spent the day with him alone just the 3 of us. Lots of tears, sadness and love.

I will write more about this later...right now, Steve the kids and I are grieving. We thank you all for your prayers this past month for us and for Emmanuel. We know God has already used this event in so many lives to bring Glory to His name! We praise Him in everything, even in sadness.

We thank the Lord that the enemy has not won...he accomplished nothing through this...although our son is gone, He is with Jesus! Our souls and Emmanuel's soul belongs to Jesus! The enemy gained nothing from it.

Again, we thank you for praying and we would appreciate this time of peace and quiet. We are requesting no contact for a while to grieve. Thank you all. We will let you know when we are ready to talk about it more. We are spending this time as a family with our kids. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you all and God Bless,
Steve and Jennifer

"The LORD your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

0 comments: