BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Are you a "Glass is half empty or half full" person?


Personally, I have always been a "Glass is half full" kind of person. So as you read this post, know from which view point it is made from.
We met with Dr. Hashima at St. Vincent today and had hoped to hear that all is amazingly wonderful. We know that sometimes when we pray, the answer is wait...so I like to look at this moment as one of those. Its a wait moment.
Really quickly I want to thank all of you who have been praying with us. We are not ready to give up this battle at all. I am a warrior in the Lord's army and will fight until I have victory over the enemy...will you stand with me? I pray you do. I look forward to that day and am ready to Praise Jesus no matter how it ends.
Back to results from today. I am officially 19 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Today's average measurements for Emmanuel were 9 days behind. To the Doctor, this means that his growth is slowing down. To me...this means he has grown. I have felt him moving around more than ever today and I know it was because of all the prayer and fighting we are all doing in the Spirit.
There has been no change yet on his heart and there is no fluid collecting around anywhere in his body. Again, we do not want fluid to collect anywhere so this is a praise. I got to see my baby jump, kick and move in there today. I thank God for all these moments I get with him. Praise His Holy Name.
This particular Doctor is really hard to deal with. He is so quick to mention "terminate pregnancy" and "do what is best for you". He also mentions a lot that "why do a c-section to save the baby, when the baby will most like not survive". These are hard words to listen too as parents. We are thankful that we got the opportunity this time to mention to him that he is very negative and that we plan to do anything we can to save this baby. We were able to let him know that termination is not even in our vocabulary so he can stop mentioning it. I think he understands now our point of view. Hopefully he will then focus on making a plan with us and giving us more positive options. We know the reality of the situation...we need to plan for something better because we have no reason not to expect better.
So many times Doctors have been wrong, or a miracle has happened and things have changed. I will keep looking to Jesus and what ever happens it will be in His hands.

We did talk more about options and things we can do if things go as they are the same and we make it to delivery. Options for surgery...but it all is depending on how he continues to grow and develop. So really, we can't make better plans until we are further along.

Continued prayer...We obviously still are praying for healing in his Tricuspid Valve. Praying for lung development, continued growth in his body and peace from God. Praying also for no fluid to collect anywhere in his body.

Praise Him for growth today, no fluid around in the body, and feeling him move. Also for God being Mighty, Awesome and Wonderful! For Him being there for us throughout this whole journey.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer and Steve,
I am so proud of you and we will stand with you in prayer for Emmanuel. He is precious in the eyes of God and fearfully and wonderfully made. We don't always know all that God has planned for us but we do know that God is good and will be your strength, help, refuge and strong tower as you walk this path with Him. May God bless you as you stand strong and leave a powerful testimony to this doctor and others.

I'm sure you've never heard the story of our adoption process but before Jacob came to our home there was another little boy presented to us whose name was Emmanuel. We said yes but he eventually went to another family. Ever since then we have had a special place in our heart for little boys with this precious name. So, we look forward to meeting your little Emmanuel.
Praying with you,
Pastor Tom and Roberta