BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The News and His Name






We went for a routine ultrasound yesterday and was told that our baby boy has a congenital heart defect. His heart is enlarged. At this point we do not have a whole lot more information than that. I called OHSU today to make an appointment they are still working on my referral to see the Pediatric Cardiologist to see if we can determine more information.

I am scheduled to have ultrasounds every 2 weeks at St. Vincent to check on the growth of the baby. As of today, the baby looks perfectly healthy besides the heart. Sometimes with a heart defect, there would be other signs like large brain or large kidneys or maybe a small frame. All the rest of the baby's body is perfect for 18 weeks gestation.

His Name:
We are naming him Emmanuel. This name was brought up by Steve back when we were pregnant with Elijah. I was kind of "wishy washy" about it mainly because I had heard a few comments from ppl saying that its a name for God and such. So when we found out we were pregnant with this one, we knew if we were having a girl that her name would be Ellee but we had no idea what to name a boy. Several times I have prayed, "Lord, if this baby is a boy, you will have to name him. I have no idea what to call him."

Well, here is the story...Yesterday, AJ made a car cut-out (see pic below) that he drew all of our faces on in church and was really excited about it. I had put all his church papers in my purse and forgot about them. After church, AJ was so excited to tell me about his car picture and I did my best to understand his story and encourage him.
Today, before the ultrasound, I was digging in my purse and found the papers and took them out because I figured I don't need to be carrying them around with me. I found the car and noticed how much hard work he did and remembered how excited he was so I thought I would stick it on my visor in my car and keep it with me there. Had the ultrasound...got the bad news...on my way walking out of the hospital, was quoting scripture, "If God is for me, who could be against me" Realizing, God you are with me, you are always with me, you are with this baby and you love us. Then climbing in the car, I look up at the visor and see the drawing AJ made. The bible verse happens to be Zaphaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you"

Right then I knew that the Holy Spirit was telling me that this baby is to be named Emmanuel. Later on tonight, He confirmed it again with my MIL. Last week they were asked from their church to pray for a Spiritual Baby. She was given a card and she was supposed to name her Spiritual Baby. Two days ago, she decided to name the baby Emmanuel. So for 2 days she has been praying for Emmanuel her Spiritual Baby. To me this just confirmed even more that God is with us throughout this uncertain time in our family. He will not leave us nor forsake us in this.
He has blessed us with so much already. Even if the enemy wins this battle, he will not win our souls for we belong to God.

So, we are praying for a miracle healing in our son, Emmanuel and for wisdom to our doctors. We are praying for discernment too for us of good medical information and unnecessary medical information.

Thank you for your support and prayers tonight,

--
Steve and Jennifer

"The LORD your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Jennifer - I love this! God Himself named your precious baby. Emmanuel is already such a blessing. Thank you for sharing, and for starting this blog so we can know what's going on with you all, and how to pray. We serve an amazing, almighty Saviour

Unknown said...

haha I signed my comment via google and it named me Gracie - a nickname of mine - This is Becky btw